Saturday, July 27, 2013

Quick short update

After a whole week of nothin', I know.

We are off to the local monthly market in Odorheiu, which one person says is amazing and another says is just a farmers' market, but I'm excited nonetheless. I already picked up some jams and honeys (potentially for some family members--get excited!) at the LARAC-esque festival we found last weekend while we were in town, and now I get to pick around some more and maybe some local crafts. Very sweet stuff, it sounds like.

And then we'll be taking the 11-something train into Sighisoara to go to Romania's largest medieval festival! I am well excited for this. It's going to be quite a lot of fun, especially with this group. (A good chunk of the people here are history majors/history specific and many focus on medieval Europe, so it'll be fun.)

In unrelated, shocking news, I really like mornings here in Transylvania. I even don't mind the birds! Okay, so sometimes the cow bells and the constant mooing just outside my window can set my teeth on edge, especially if they wake me up when I don't want to be woken up, but the sunlight is soft and a warm counterpoint to the cool temperature and the windows are thrown wide onto the world. It's lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment