Monday, August 5, 2013

Back in Budapest!

And it is hot. Apparently the heat wave you guys had back home is still hitting Europe. I woke up drenched in sweat and just altogether very uncomfortable.

But, our hostel is very nice, we're all together (me and three other girls, two of whom are going home tonight) and yesterday was quite fun. (After I took a shower and stopped being cranky at the weather).

Yesterday gave me: the national museum (so cool!), a delicious dinner, and a ruin bar. The last of which is exactly what it sounds like: a bunch of little bars and food stands in a giant ruin of something; it's not open to the air, it's covered, but it's still old and stone and really really cool. We all signed the walls, but there really wasn't much space to do so, since they're already covered in graffiti.

This morning, breakfast was provided and it included an electric kettle which means that I am writing this while drinking my tea! My tea! With milk and everything! I've really missed my tea. The hotel in Odorhei had mint-y tea in the mornings, but in that case, I went with coffee. And now I have my tea back!

Today, we're hoping to hit up a few different places, including the market this morning, then St Stephen's Basilica later. St. Stephen's is the one thing that I was adamant on doing. The rest, I understand if we can't get to because it's such a short time and it's crazy-busy here in the city. (A giant, Lollapalooza-esque music festival is starting today, and there's a dance festival, and all sorts of things, which means there are far more people in the city than we were expecting.) But St. Stephen's is beautiful and I like beautiful things and so, I want to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment