Wednesday, August 7, 2013

There are too many people awake and doing annoying things like talking at not-even-5.00 am in Budapest Airport.

But I'm not going to let it ruin the tail end of my trip. I shall just drink my coffee and eat my croissant and try to ignore everyone, while inwardly waxing poetic on the past six weeks. (Six weeks to the day! Wednesday to Wednesday)

This has been an absolutely fantastic trip and an experience I will probably never have again. I've met some wonderful people, I've seen some incredible sights, and I gained experience in a field (ha, see what I did there...oh shut up, it's really early) I never thought I'd work in. I think the experience has made me appreciate archaeology better, if not actually honed my excavating skills. I worked with human remains, which is an opportunity not many bioarch people are even afforded back home. I saw a city I dreamed of but didn't believe I'd ever get to visit.

What a fantastic six weeks in Romania and Hungary!

No comments:

Post a Comment