Thursday, May 3, 2012

The beginning of the end already?

Perfect weather for such a sentiment. It's not quite raining, but it's not quite dry, and it's rather brisk.

Yesterday was my last Shakespeare class, in which we did a practical acting class and I found that going slow and whispering is so much more threatening than yelling and gesturing wildly. (To be fair, gesturing is something I do generally, it's not an affectation. I sat on my hands and it came out surprisingly well, for all I say I can't think or speak without my hands.)

Today was my last TV class with Ian, which is actually rather sad. I'm not coming back for his Detective TV class in the fall and I'll likely not see him ever again after I leave. This is rather depressing as he's come to be at the same level as Denice (my anthropology prof you've all no doubt heard so much about from me) and Wes, my favorite professors from back home. Almost everything he says is completely fascinating (Shakespeare, etymology, French, literature, fiction as a truth-telling medium, etc), even if I think half of it is BS.

I was supposed to meet with him to talk about ~my future~ (dun dun DUN) after class today, but as the end of the semester is rather busy, instead he gave me his cell number and said, "Send me a text and we'll meet up, you can meet my baby [his 2 year old daughter Venus], have a cup of tea and we can talk about your future." I love it when grown-ups I admire/respect treat me as one of their own, on their level. I've been spoiled by my parents and our family friends; I enjoy being treated as a peer to people who've been out of school longer than I've been alive.

After which, I ended up at the Surbiton Wetherspoons and enjoyed their "Curry Club Thursdays," which is a curry dish, a drink and a cheaper-priced dessert, all for one low price. Chicken Tikka Masala that tasted better than the food from proper Indian restaurants I've had here and Strongbow actually goes really well with Sticky Toffee pudding. Just in case you were wondering.

And now I'm home and about to start work on my TV final essay, which we've been discussing for the past couple weeks. And later today I get to talk to Danes! It's been ages since we could properly Skype and yesterday was our two-year anniversary, yay! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment