Thursday, June 27, 2013

Of course I say that (I'm tired and sad and lonely; all of which is still true even after--)

And then I decide to go for a walk in the cooling Budapest evening.

I found a very beautiful church that was just closing its doors, but had a park all around it, with lots of life. Parents meeting and letting their children play and write with sidewalk chalk; a lone college-age boy either studying or writing/sketching (I couldn't see); just generally lots of people doing lots of things. Very beautiful. And absolutely stunning against an angry grey sky, bringing cool wind and the feel of a storm. (Future rain feels different here, too.)

And starkly different from the traffic and noise and construction just one block up. I walked the route to the train station, just to make sure I could get there (especially in the midst of construction) , and it was also pretty...but a city. And not a London type city (though I did see a couple Tescos and even a Lidl's on the drive into the city!). A language I don't know (can't even recognize) and an entirely different pattern of behavior and interaction and a different type of traffic. I can't explain it, just that every city has a personality and I can already tell Budapest has hundreds.

No comments:

Post a Comment