Monday, January 23, 2012

And a hearty hello from England!

I am currently nestled in the living room at my home in Surbiton, watching a cooking show with Mrs. H., my host matriarch (though she prefers to be known by her first name, so C. shall do) and I am, to use a word, knackered. I think I got a total of three hours of sleep during the whole two flights. Partly because I was feeling nauseous and actually got sick whilst in Iceland. I'm much better now, after a cuppa (a proper English cuppa! Oh, now I'm just being silly.) and a chance to calm down.

Things are exciting. But it's a bit too much right now; I'm definitely overwhelmed by all the knowledge they're throwing at us on a now-empty stomach and a very tired brain. Not to mention the fact that I'm bad at change, period. I get sad moving from one part of the state to the other and back and forth during college. This is, well, across the bloody pond. With no one I love around me. I don't like it, but I'm not thinking about it much because if I think about it, I will cry and crying in front of my host family is not the best impression.

However, remember that radio comedy show I mentioned last post? Well, I really like it and things just keep reminding me of it. My favorite character (the one voiced by that I actor I really like) lives in the attic of student housing for the local college. My room is an adorable attic, painted light blue with a fairy picture at the side. Come to think of it, it's more like Jo March's writing garret than Martin's tiny attic room. I can deal with having a writing garret for a room.

And I just had my first Jammie Dodger. Gotta love my silly obsession with British television. (Doctor Who reference for those who watch. xD) Ah, I'm going to go watch Celebrity Big Brother with them.

I think I'm going to like it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment