Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Too much excitement, I fear.

Perhaps I shouldn't have wandered around for hours yesterday. Woke up this morning with an extremely sore throat and a painful cough.

So I've just been lazing about the place, swimming in tea to heal my aching throat. Did the laundry, made lots and lots of tea, and now am watching episodes of Fortysomething on youtube. I'll probably do a bit of reading this afternoon (I'm currently in the middle of my nearly annual reread of A Long Fatal Love Chase by Louisa May Alcott) or maybe go shopping for condiments and notebooks. I wouldn't hold out hope for the second one, though, as I'm also sore (like, I went to Body Combat yesterday for the first time in months sore) and it seems to be flurrying out.

It seems that, after the emotional rollercoaster that is my instinctual response to Change, I am me, wherever I am. I'm anxious and ready to get to class. Yes, I'm such a nerd (I'm even wearing my glasses today!) that I am really, really excited for my classes. Being here and being able to wander around the city I've been in love with since I was 13 is excellent, of course, but that's not an everyday thing. Classes, on the other hand, are the reason I'm here. Tomorrow is Shakespeare: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, then Thursday is On the Box: Analysing TV Texts and Friday is Genre Studies. I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment