Saturday, January 28, 2012

Tea with the Queen

Or not. Windsor Castle trip was today and sadly, the Queen was not in attendance. What a gorgeous, gorgeous place. Everything is lush and lavish and sparkling.

When I was little, I wanted to be a princess. I had princess dresses and tiaras and my daddy even told me bedtime stories about Princess Victoria, who was no ordinary princess. Ever read the Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine? It's a kid's book, so probably not, but that's the sort of princess I was. I fought bad dragons with my good dragon friend (Silverbell, I think?) and my sword (Ever Victorious, the same as the sword my daddy has in our front room) and my best friend who just happened to be a polar bear named Hot Dog (don't ask, I was little and daddy let me name some of them). But I do love shiny things and Windsor did not disappoint. Also, all the statues of Queen Victoria and references to her made me a very happy girl indeed.

I'm going to be boring* and stay in tonight. It was very cold out and my feet are sore and I guess I can only take so much socialization and exploration a day. I'll probably go explore Berrylands tomorrow, see if I can put money on my Oyster card that came in the mail last night, plan my trip to Central London. (I'll probably just stay around Waterloo, since there's enough to do there to keep me occupied while I get my bearings, and then research how to get to the other things I want to do for later on, when it's warmer.)

Today's pictures!

*I don't actually think I'm boring. I think I'm pretty awesome, honestly. I'm doing more things than I have in ages and I think I'm fairly intelligent and interesting. But I know that in comparison to other 20 year olds, I'm boring and bland. Just because I don't like to party. Whatever, I make my own enjoyment and I have been enjoying it, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment