Thursday, January 26, 2012

Whiny Post Ahead, with a Side of Attempt at Independence.

Everyone keeps telling me to bring a friend to go to London, instead of just popping in by myself. And I get it, it's for safety's sake. I do understand that. But.

If I waited for friends to keep me company, I'd never do anything. And I think that may be my problem. I'm trying to do things myself. Be my own person. Things like that. And if I waited until I made friends with people in my classes, it'd be April break until I made it to Central London.

I want to do this and I want to do it now. If not now, when. I'm getting antsy. I want to see the reason I wanted to be here in the first place. Kingston, Surbiton, Berrylands, they're all nice. But they're not London Proper. That's where my dream is. Not here, which is slightly bigger than Geneseo.

Maybe I've been reading Gala Darling too much. She's utterly fearless; she moved from New Zealand to New York with and without her boyfriend. She was only in her early 20s at the time, I believe. I'll never be an International Playgirl (TM) like her, but she's good inspiration. Her article Loving a New City: Alone has been pushing me to do things. But now this. I feel so stupid about this morning/afternoon and I want to remedy it. And honestly, I think I could see a lot more that I want to see if I go by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment