Wednesday, January 25, 2012

More new things!

This morning wasn't that gross, so I decided to walk from my house to uni. 35 minutes, just about. This is new because I can't even be bothered to walk from the townhouses to North Side to see Danes. But I think I shall do that quite often npw. It's a nice walk through the suburb-looking neighborhoods and then down into Kingston. I listened to about 1 1/2 CP episodes (20 minutes each) and enjoyed myself quite a bit, even though I was a little worried on time and I got kind of sweaty.

Then I listened to a three hour lecture of Dos and Don'ts whilst at Kingston. Some of it was useful, some of it was interesting, and the rest of it was boring. But I hung out with the girl I met in the taxi, who was on my flight from Iceland to Heathrow. She's actually from UNC Charlotte, Katie, so maybe you'd know her, idk. She was sitting with this Australian girl she'd just met...who happened to know this other Australian girl who was sitting in front of us. So the four of us made plans to go to lunch and Bri, the first girl, brought her other friend from UNCC with her.

So the five of us wandered around Kingston and decided to go to this pub called the Druid's Head. It is a very good pub and nearby a decidedly Irish pub, so mum, I think you'll like Market Place. We hung out, had a bit of conversation, and I ordered a hard cider (exciting for an American 20 year old) and Chicken Tikka Curry. Both were very yummy, the atmosphere was nice, the company was very good.

When we left, I decided to head back to my house, as I wanted to go shopping this evening. But then C. told me about grocery delivery and I was very, very excited, so I got my laptop instead of going out. I should've just gone walking because the Tesco's online thing didn't work out. Sad. So I'm ordering a pizza tonight and doing shopping on Friday, because I've got my Central London Walking Tour tomorrow. (All cheer!)

I'll probably upload the photos I took today in a bit. It depends, as I still need food and I have a skype date with Danes.

1 comment: