Tuesday, March 13, 2012

alkhds;fhdl;safdszzzzzz

For those unfamiliar with my lingo (the language of the internet), that up there is a keysmash (where you literally just press keys because you're too incoherent to form actual words, even on the keyboard. Used to indicate excitement) and then falling asleep. Because that is what I felt like yesterday.

Out of the myriad things we did yesterday, here is a brief summary of the more exciting bits:

+ Tried to get into Westminster Abbey. It was Commonwealth Day, which is apparently when the Queen attends church at WA. There was a protest/demonstration going on across the way that was calling for a republic, an end to the monarchy. I took photos because that's anthropology in action!

+ The London Eye. Yes, you read that right, I went on the Eye. And I wasn't scared! Mostly I was just caught up in how much I love this city. Absolutely gorgeous.

+ Wandered farther than I had on my own.

+ Went to the upstairs of the Sherlock Holmes pub for dinner--and still did not have the funny menu with all the silly titles that are plays on characters and stories, like my parents printed out for me. Just a plain menu. But it was yummy still!

+ And finally, went on a Jack the Ripper tour with Donald Rumbelow himself! He's a big Ripperologist, and in fact, I read his book and consulted it when I was doing Ripper research.

We finally got home just after 11, which made it a little under 12 hours spent in the city. Phew! We're not doing half as much today. He wants to hit up the British Museum and try to get into Westminster Abbey again, but far less walking. He was hurting last night. Hopefully he's not too terribly sore this morning, but my feet are complaining, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment