Monday, March 5, 2012

As an addendum to that last post, I bring a gift for you.

Florence doing Spectrum live.



Now, mama is probably sick to death of hearing Flo's voice, because daddy (last I knew) plays her all the time around the house. But this is beautiful. That's the only word for it, the only one I can give it. Flo's voice gives me goosebumps on a normal day, so when the chorus starts in and she and her singers lift their voices to the heavens together with even more power than on the studio take, I swore loudly and started crying. I had tears in my eyes through the whole thing and then the violins towards the end just broke me. (I have a special love for the violin. Shut up, mother. :P)

Simply gorgeous. I do hope you take the time to listen/watch, because for reasons unknown, this song sums up my feelings on both the city and the boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment