Saturday, March 10, 2012

Did you know...

That Heathrow Airport is freaking massive? Because that is something I learned today when I got off the bus at the wrong stop and decided to walk to Terminal 5.

Note to self and others who suffer from stubbornness and the I can do it myself attitude: when the nice man at Customer Service tells you that a bus comes round every 10-15 minutes to shuttle you to Terminal 5, do not--I repeat, do not--make the mistake of thinking you can walk there easy-peasy and there's no need to wait for no darn bus. Because you will be wrong. Oh, will you ever.

Surprisingly, given that I wandered around for over an hour after I'd been dropped off, Danes was only waiting for 5-10 minutes when I showed up in my nicest outfit...with windblown hair, red cheeks, and hurting feet.

Apart from that, today was a very good day. I suspect tomorrow will be better, though, as the boyfriend will have gotten a good night's sleep, some decent food, and will be much less exhausted and jet lagged. Tomorrow is a tour around the Kingston area and then Monday (and the rest of the week, really) sees us in Central. The city and the boyfriend, the best combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment