Saturday, March 24, 2012

Prick your finger on the spinning wheel but don't make a sound*

SO. Yes. Hello, sorry, apparently my blogging suffers either way: whether I've got nothing to say or loads to catch you up on.

For those who don't know, the parents flew in Wednesday night. I saw them Thursday after class, when we had a nice lunch and I showed them around before yet another class. Yesterday saw us having a nice leisurely breakfast, then splitting our own ways: them to Hampton Court (which they loved) and me to homework and buying tickets for trips and class. Apres class, we met up for an even more leisurely dinner (so delicious!) before heading over to The Rose, the Kingston theatre, for an all-male performance of Shakespeare's The Winter's Tale. (My Shakespeare class starts talking about this very play this coming Wednesday, which is swell.) After an excellent performance, there was an opportunity to hang out with some of the cast and crew as they answered any questions we might have. I didn't have any, but being an avid lover of the theatre and a sometimes-actress myself, I enjoyed listening to them thoroughly.

Today, we are heading up to Cardiff. Why, you ask? Why not stay and hang out in Central or go somewhere special, what's in Cardiff? And I will answer: the time rift. (Doctor Who joke, sorry.) But more than that, the Doctor Who Convention, which we have tickets for tomorrow! Tomorrow is the convention (listening to the cast and crew talk, shopping, generally being a fangirl, etc.) and Monday evening we are signed up for a set tour of the TARDIS itself. Excuse me for a moment while I kasjh;dkfhg;kj.aads incoherently.

Needless to say, I am incredibly excited. I'm so excited that I'm even overlooking that I have an essay to finish editing and classes to register for when I get back and have lots of travel planned that I haven't really planned for.

See you on the flip side. Ciao!


*You'll Be Mine by The Pierces. This has been going round and round in my head for days on end.

No comments:

Post a Comment