Monday, February 20, 2012

Busy, busy day in Londontown!

Let's list, shall we?

+ Caught the 10.04 train to Waterloo, from there, took the tube to Camden Town. (arrived a little before 11)

+ Took a stroll through Camden Market and ohmygoodness! So much stuff! All the clothes and jewelry and art and food! Things I bought in my hour-long journey through the market: a (fake) leather bomber jacket (which is adorable, if I do say so myself, and worth a little bit of splurging); a velvet-looking top hat for 5 pounds (!!!!); three prints of famous London sights, two of which will be gifts and one which is mine; a latte and a banana and nutella crepe (hnnng, so good) which I ate while lounging by the Thames.

+ I will definitely be taking my parents and Danes and Jules (cough, if she ever gets back to me, cough) to Camden Market, because there are things for all of them! Leather-bound journals (not bought with leather-bound pounds, mum :P), fantasy paintings, canes for 20 pounds (Daaaanes!), etc. Such amazing stuff.

+ From there, took the tube back the way I came, only I got off at Tottenham Court Road, just to see what it was all about. And then my adventure really began. About 4 1/2 hours later, I made it back to Waterloo to catch my train, but I made a huge circuit first:

+ Tottenham Court Road
+ Goodge Street, where I got lost. (It runs right into Tottenham Court Road, though.)
+ Wandering around Soho. Such a very nice place; it has such a different clientele than Camden Market, I'll tell you that right now--tres chic
+ Shaftesbury Avenue; found the Gielgud Theatre where I'll be going to see The Ladykillers!
+ Piccadilly Circus!
+ Regent Street! Oh, my gorgeous, gorgeous Regent Street. The curvy road at Piccadilly with all the nice nice shops
+ Oxford Circus and Carnaby Street--where I turned down an alley and found myself in a cute little tower filled with shops and a proper tea room! So I sat down and had a cream tea with their "afternoon" type of tea. Dee-lic-ious!
+ Back down Regent Street and Piccadilly, though I took a different route to get back to Trafalgar Square (through Pall Mall; I have such love for Pall Mall! It's a fancy-schmancy street, with places to eat and to live that I could never, ever afford) and didn't actually go to Trafalgar Square, but somehow ended up at Parliament square
+ Took another turn and ended up at The Mall and then to St James Park, which is very nice.
+ Found my way very close to Parliament, somewhere between Parliament and Westminster Abbey
+ There's another park on the other side of Parliament where I stayed for a little while
+ Then took a stroll down the Embankment to Vauxhall Bridge, where I could've gotten on the train at Vauxhall Station, but decided not to because I am so very in love that I couldn't bring myself to part with the city that soon. (It was about 4 at this point)
+ So took a stroll back down the other side (Albert Embankment) to where I knew where I was: the London Eye and finally
+ Waterloo Station, where, with some running, I caught my train and arrive home just after 5.

Back home, I made a frozen pizza and tried on some outfits with my new pieces. Then I got a message from Bri inviting me to the Slug and Lettuce with a group, if I wanted to go. So I did, which was a very good idea. Got a cider and a dessert, which was both delicious and inexpensive (it's 50% on Mondays).

Sorry this post is so jerky; I am quite tired. Tomorrow will be a lazier day (and a day to rest my feet!), even though it's Pancake Day/Shrove Tuesday/Mardi Gras.

No comments:

Post a Comment