Sunday, February 19, 2012

It goes around the world, just lalalala*

I've only just now started to think about traveling places. Unlike most of my comrades of the study abroad variety, I've been to the UK and Europe before, so it's kind of old hat. (:P) Ireland was lovely and I'll be seeing Wales to visit Jules and I'm going back to Paris to visit Lauren, but I don't have much of an interest in Scotland or Germany or Amsterdam, like many of my peers. I really came here to get inside London.

That said, there are still places I'd like to visit. Unfortunately, they're weird, kind of out of the way places. Apart from Cardiff and Paris, they're not places I can get to as easily. The time frame on this is April 14-April 20 (During my break, the Williams'+co are before and I'm visiting Stratford upon Avon with Lauren for Shakespeare day at the other end.)

1. Venice
2. Switzerland
3. Istanbul
4. Budapest
5. The English Moors

The most feasible, money-wise, are Switzerland and the Moors. (Shut up, the Moors is a legit place. It features heavily in The Secret Garden and Wuthering Heights, for example. Two books I'm fond of.) Venice is a little more expensive, but still doable. I have a couple ideas to put forth to you, my audience, if you'd be so kind as to weigh in.

1. Start in Switzerland (April 14 flight); travel to Venice on the 18th; back home midday on the 20th.

2. Start in Venice (April 14 flight); spend 4 days in Venice; travel to Switzerland on the 18th; back home afternoon on the 20th.

3. Istanbul: leave Sun April 15, return Wed (18) or Thurs (19)

Those are the best ideas I have. Istanbul is really expensive and I don't think I'd go anywhere else, but maybe that'd be worth it, as I have always wanted to go. Budapest is an idea, but again, I don't know if I'd travel anywhere else and I'm a little wary going that far away.

The Moors is a weekend trip, really. But my weekends are filling up rapidly. Weekend things I want to do/have already planned:
+ London Fashion Weekend
+ Danes is here
+ My parents are here
+ Oxford/Stratford with Lauren
+ My Paris adventure with Lauren at the end of May
+ One or two plays
+ Oscar Wilde tours are only on Saturdays
+ Ripper tours are late-night affairs, probably best on a weekend.

So what do you think?


* Around the World by ATC

1 comment:

  1. What about Pompeii? :-D Flight available to Naples seem reasonable. That's as far as I've gotten.

    ReplyDelete