Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What a feeling in my soul, love burns brighter than sunshine.

Do you ever get that feeling like you want to giggle and cry both, your heart is so light and happy? You want to sing love songs and skip down the walk and say hello to everyone you pass and it's like a musical in your head, even just for an hour?

I'm having one of those days. I needed to be persuaded to leave the house (I always need to be persuaded to actually do something), but once I did, I've had a good day. All I did was go get the groceries, get some stamps, have a coffee in a cafe and buy myself some more flowers, but it's been glorious. It's bright and sunshiney (which might just be England's way of warning us more bad weather is coming; according to Mr H, it's supposed to get really chilly the next couple of days.) and there's blue sky to be seen! For the record, listening to Brighter than Sunshine (such a gorgeous song) while walking in the bright British sunshine and buying yourself daffodils is really the best feeling in the world.

I feel big emotions all the time, so I guess that explains why small things make me happiest. The big things cause such a huge surge of feeling, but the little things keep me floating along in happiness throughout the day.

Little things that have made me happy today:

+ There is a new cafe in Berrylands, seated right next to that bookstore. I had a mocha and a brownie (both to die for) and watched people come in and out of the pub across the way. I'm here for London, but I could definitely be happy here in Berrylands.

+ Mountain Dew from Sainsbury's! I finally got my fix and it's so good.

+ Daffodils. Buying oneself flowers really is the best feeling.

+ There is a pub in Surbiton called The Victoria. Guess who is totally hitting that up sometime in a fit of egotism?

+ Tickets are doable to go see an actor I like in The Ladykillers. All I have to do is decide when I want to go and buy it!

+ I bought bacon last week and eggs this week and since my Arabic class isn't until 6.30, I am totally making myself breakfast-for-dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment