Friday, February 24, 2012

Wanderlust: a strong, innate desire to rove or travel about.

I've found that the weekdays are kind of boring here.

No, I'm not bored, I'm just finding the week kind of boring. I find myself not knowing what to do during the hours between classes, because I have a very odd schedule. I don't know what to do in the evenings. I'm waiting for the weekends, which is what I hear people in Real World (eg, people not at college) do, and I'm itching to do something, because it's been fairly nice.

What I really want to do is throw myself head-first into London. My wander on Monday struck up the love for the city inside me, made me adore it even more. The city is like a lover, I wrote in my journal. (More on that to come). This Monday, though, instead of having the day to myself, I am quite excited to do it up Sherlock Holmes style with Bella. Baker St., North Gower St. (where they film the exterior 221B shots for Sherlock), hopefully the museum and the pub. That'll be nice.

But before that, I'll be doing something particularly exciting tomorrow: London Fashion Weekend. See, this week has been London Fashion Week, where the designers come and present their fall/winter 2012 collections on the runway, where all the famous faces sit and watch the shows, and it's something I've always loved. I used to want to be a designer, did you know? I can remember, when E! still showed fashion things (before it moved to Style--and before the Style channel essentially became the lifestyle channel), Saturday morning runway shows, especially around the Fashion Weeks. And I would sit there, Saturday mornings before my parents were up, switching between the runway shows and the cartoons the next channel over during commercials. I never thought I'd get this close to the runway.

But of course, I have to wait until 3.00 tomorrow before any of that can happen. I've got today, one class, and maybe doing things with people to get through before I can do what I'm really itching to do. I love Berrylands, I love Kingston Uni, just the other day I wrote in my journal at a Kingston cafe I could be happy here, but I'm done with this now. I just want London, where I can keep exploring and finding things and new streets and new people and new buildings. Where I can just keep going and going for five hours and not have to decide where to go because the only things to do there are shop, eat or drink. I can just keep walking there. Keep moving on and on and on.

I never thought I was restless--I'm usually too lazy to be restless--but I'm feeling it. It makes me want to skip all my classes and take my bag with a couple shirts and a pair of jeans and just go.

1 comment:

  1. Go where your heart leads, my sweet. This time is for you. It's for you to discover and experience, grow and be. Meet Life head-on and with all your mind, body and spirit and you won't go wrong.

    London is why you're there; you've been drawn back for quite awhile. :-) Makes sense for you to feel her pull stronger the closer you are and the more you go.

    I love you more than I can say. I think of you a lot and look forward to seeing you and having you show us around and explore some with us.

    Love always, Mom

    ReplyDelete