Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Like the sailor said quote, "ain't that a hole in the boat"

Valentine's Day seems to be the same over here as back home. Deep, lipsticky reds all over the place, bundles of roses, heart boxes of chocolates, Sinatra cds on sale next to the wines.

I bought myself roses yesterday. A half dozen red roses, some of them a little rough around the edges, but it doesn't matter because they're for me and only me. I have a boyfriend, but today I look like The Single Girl on Valentine's Day. My shopping today included frozen pizzas, a UK Cosmo and two Cadbury chocolate bars.

So what am I doing for this holiday? Curling up in my room with chocolate and tea and reading (kinda angsty) love stories, of course.

It's days like this that I really miss Danes. I don't know if he reads this, but if you do, happy Valentine's Day, darling. Here, enjoy our song. (Well, our most recent song, anyway. We don't really have a song, we just tend to send each other sappy songs we like.)


No comments:

Post a Comment