Friday, February 10, 2012

I think I've found the problem

Well, it's not really a problem per se; I don't see it as such, but other people might.

I'm too much in my own head. I'm in England and I'm still living inside my head. Which is a stupid thing to say because of course I'm living in my own head, where else would I be but my own mind, but I mean I respond internally, even to external stimuli. I wish I had one of my friends with me to make stupid comments to or discuss certain things with, but that's what my brain is for. I dissect it and analyze it and create whole paragraphs about it (whatever topic it might happen to be) in my head.

Is that weird? Is that what other people do? I'm sitting in my room, listening to silence at the mo (I was listening to music just a little while ago; I've found I don't really like silence as it makes far too much room for my thoughts), and it's absolutely gorgeous outside (snow is pretty from inside your cozy warm room) and I just started going on about how pretty it all is in my head. I take in all this stuff (reading, art, the natural world, my classes) and mull it over and keep it all internally. I think that's part of the reason I like to blog--and also part of the reason I haven't found a story to write that is my story to tell.

Time will tell. I have class 2.00-4.00 today and then, after facebooking the Sci-Fi/Gaming/Anime society, there's a showing of The Rum Diaries by the Skate and Longboard Society at 5.30, which I may drop by. Other than that, my day is fairly lazy, hence my introspective thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment