Sunday, February 19, 2012

She picks his heart like it's a pocket, she wears her hair like it's a crown*

I guess I'm going to give you a soundtrack to listen to while you read my blog. I have a habit of titling things (stories, blog posts, etc.) with song lyrics, which is unfair if you don't know the song.

Did not go see The Artist last night; wasn't really in the mood for a silent film and besides, mum wanted to see it with me. So instead I went to A Dangerous Method, about Freud and Jung and the woman that divided them. Except not really. She didn't have that much to do with it, actually. I won't talk about it much, because I know my family reads this (hello, aunts!) and the film was rather naughty, but if you want to know my thoughts, they're here. All in all, a good film, but not worth the 7.80 (with a student discount!).

On the way home, I stopped by the Chinese takeaway down the road and got myself some Singapore curry rice noodles. So good!

Had a lazy morning. Lounged in bed with my computer while watching Something For the Weekend--and I got rickrolled! Really, SftW? Went for a walk after that, down to Tolworth, found the hotel Danes will stay at when he gets her, then came back. Missed my turn and ended up wandering through a park because it's such a gorgeous day. The only problem with today is that I am having a hankering for coffee--and the cafes I like aren't open. I am seriously craving a mocha. (Well, what I'm actually craving is just coffee, the smell of it brewing, black or with twenty-five sugars, it doesn't matter. I want coffee. And no, Starbucks doesn't count.)

Currently, I'm back in my room, with hours to go yet until I skype with the 'rents and I'm not sure what to do. My options include (but are not limited to):
+ Reading for Shakespeare on Wednesday
+ Seeking out coffee
+ Researching how much it will cost to travel to: Venice, Istanbul, or Switzerland.
+ Attempting to write
+ Hitting up the local pub to see if they have a match on.

That last one, I'm still hesitant on. I'm a young, solo woman--am I, I dunno, allowed to go into a local pub and sit down with all the old men and ask, "so, who are we rooting for?" Is that kosher? It feels like it'd be a bit of a faux pas. See, this is why I need someone who also likes pubs and football here. I need a pub partner.

* No Mercy by Racoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment